Need directions, parking details, or visitation guidelines? We want to make accessing our facility as easy as possible.
Directions and Parking
WVU Medicine Children’s is located on the sixth floor of WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Parking is free, including valet parking.
Parking on the WVU Medicine campus is impacted by WVU home football games. The Gold South Parking Garage, located behind J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and adjacent to the WVU Cancer Institute/Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, is reserved for patients and visitors, who will need a game-day pass to enter the hospital. Passes are available from WVU Medicine security officers, who will be handing them out at the parking garage. For more information, call Security at 304-598-4444.
Getting around WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and WVU Medicine Children’s is not always easy for patients and visitors. An app, called “WVU Medicine” can help. It is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play store. The app helps with wayfinding and more. It:
- Routes guests through all publicly-accessible areas on levels one through four of the hospital; that includes lobbies and waiting areas, clinical departments, cafeteria, Starbucks, and gift shop.
- Routes guests to the nurses’ station on levels five through 10 of the hospital.
- Updates guests on the status of a patient during a procedure or test; there are even push notifications if you opt-in.
- Allows users to provide feedback about their experience at the hospital.
WVU Medicine Children’s understands that family and friends provide crucial support and comfort to patients. We welcome visitors to our hospital. For the comfort and well-being of all our patients, we ask that you observe these guidelines:
- All visitors must check in with a concierge at the Information Desk on the first floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
- General visiting hours vary by unit; please be mindful of the patient’s need to rest.
- Limit visitors to two per patient at any one time. Exceptions can be made, as long as patient care is not interrupted and the noise from visitors in minimal.
- Visiting children under age 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Brothers, sisters, and children of all ages may visit as long as they do not have a contagious disease and have not been exposed to any communicable disease, such as chicken pox or measles. Proof of immunization is required for siblings ages 12 and under before visiting the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Visiting children may only play in the playroom if accompanied by the patient.
- Two visitors may stay overnight. Overnight visitors must have special identification, which they can get in the lobby of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
- Visits may be restricted due to various reasons to ensure patient care is the top priority.
- Please observe the hospital’s tobacco-free policy.
Some units within WVU Medicine Children’s have other visitation guidelines. Check with the nursing staff if you have questions or would like to make special arrangements.
WVU Medicine Children’s hopes to make your visit as comfortable as possible. For your convenience, we offer a variety of amenities on campus for patients, family members, and visitors:
Concierge / information desk
A concierge service is located at the Information Desk in the first-floor lobby of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A concierge also can be reached by calling 304-598-4000, Ext. 15056.
Wireless internet service
Computers, tablets, and smartphones with wireless capability can connect to the internet with FriendsConnect, a free, wireless service provided by Friends of WVU Hospitals. If you have trouble with your internet connection, please call the WVU Medicine Help Desk at 304-598-4357. This number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cafeteria and Starbucks
A cafeteria is located on the fourth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. Grab-and-go items are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Cafeteria hours vary by the day of the week.
Vending machines are located near the cafeteria. And Starbucks is located in the first-floor lobby of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
The Market@HSC, a food court, is located at the WVU Health Sciences Center. It can be accessed by exiting the back doors of J.W. Ruby Memorial, on the fourth floor.
Two ATMs are located next the cafeteria on the fourth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. A third ATM can be found on the fourth floor of the Physician Office Center, near the elevator.
Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Room
The Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Room at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital provides a peaceful and relaxing environment, where visitors can reflect, meditate, or pray. Located on the first floor, between the Friends Gift Shop and elevators, visitors and patients of any or no faith tradition are welcome. The space is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more.
Friends Gift Shop
The Friends Gift Shop, located on the first floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, near Starbucks, offers cards, stamps, flowers, magazines, snacks, personal care products, gift items – and more. Visit the online shop.
E-cards can be sent to family members and friends who are hospitalized at WVU Medicine Children’s. Visit the e-cards website to select a card and make a submission. E-cards are printed and delivered Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. In the event the person you are sending a card to has been discharged or has chosen to be unpublished in our hospital directory, you will be notified by email that we are unable to deliver the card. WVU Medicine Volunteer Services provides this service free of charge.