WVU Medicine Children’s is a resource and a beacon of hope for women and children in West Virginia and the surrounding region.
We provide the greatest range of pediatric specialty, high-risk maternal, and comprehensive gynecological care in the region and are committed to elevating the health and quality of life to all of those who entrust us with their care.
The new WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital, expected to open in 2021, is a fully-integrated facility that will provide specialized, high-level care in areas such as comprehensive heart, pulmonary, neuro, cancer, orthopaedic, dental, craniomaxillofacial, ENT, ophthalmology, gastrointestinal, urology, surgical, and trauma.
- 27-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), including four beds that will be available for epilepsy monitoring
- 50-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 34-bed Pediatric Acute Care Unit, including six beds available for hematology/oncology
- 30-bed Birthing Center
- All inpatient rooms will be private, with nine NICU rooms for twins
- Dedicated emergency department
- Diagnostic imaging, and anatomical laboratory
- Operating rooms, cardiac catheterization, interventional radiology, and endoscopy facilities
- Dental and eye procedure rooms
- Medical office building, including pediatric sub-specialty and maternal-fetal medicine clinic
- Inpatient and outpatient pharmacy facilities
- Family resource center
- Cafeteria and gift shop
- Special lounge decorated for and dedicated to Mountaineer fans
Our new state-of-the-art hospital will serve the state and region, providing care to our smallest citizens, while keeping our families close to home through our clinics and community hospitals.
Please help us build hope and healing for generations to come. For more information on how you can become part of this life-changing moment in time, visit our giving page.