Need directions, parking details, or visitation guidelines? We want to make accessing our facility as easy as possible.
Directions and Parking
WVU Medicine Children’s is located on the sixth floor of WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Parking is free, including valet parking.
Parking on the WVU Medicine campus is impacted by WVU home football games. The Gold South Parking Garage, located behind J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and adjacent to the WVU Cancer Institute/Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, is reserved for patients and visitors, who will need a game-day pass to enter the hospital. Passes are available from WVU Medicine security officers, who will be handing them out at the parking garage. For more information, call Security at 304-598-4444.
WVU Medicine App
Looking for a status update on a family member or friend being seen in the Emergency Department, or having a surgical procedure? Want a text alert when it’s time for your appointment? The WVU Medicine app can do all that – and more. Learn more.
WVU Medicine Children’s understands that family and friends provide crucial support and comfort to patients. We welcome visitors to our hospital. For the comfort and well-being of all our patients, we ask that you observe these guidelines:
- Anyone entering our hospital must wear a mask at all times.
- All visitors must check in with a concierge at the Welcome Desk on the first floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital or WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, where they will receive ID to be worn throughout their visit.
- Visitation by approved adults is permitted 24 hours a day; please be mindful of our patients’ need to rest.
- Pediatric inpatients are limited to two approved visitors. One adult visitor is permitted overnight.
- Maternal Infant Care Center (MICC) patients may have one approved visitor, including overnight visitation.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have one visitor at all times, including overnight visitation.
- Children visiting for clinic visits or diagnostic tests may be accompanied by two visitors/parents.
- Visitors are to stay in the patient’s room for their entire visit. Travel to and from common areas is restricted.*
- COVID-19 positive and PUI patients allowed two (2) approved visitors in room at a time (only one visitor permitted for overnight stays.) Visitors must adhere to the following PPE:
- Please observe the hospital’s tobacco-free policy.
Ruby Cafeteria is open to staff only from 10 am – 2 pm. Visitors are not permitted in the Friends Gift Shop or Starbucks at this time.
WVU Medicine Children’s hopes to make your visit as comfortable as possible. For your convenience, we offer a variety of amenities on campus for patients, family members, and visitors:
Concierge / information desk
A concierge service is located at the Information Desk in the first-floor lobby of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A concierge also can be reached by calling 304-598-4000, Ext. 15056.
Wireless internet service
Computers, tablets, and smartphones with wireless capability can connect to the internet with FriendsConnect, a free, wireless service provided by Friends of WVU Hospitals. If you have trouble with your internet connection, please call the WVU Medicine Help Desk at 304-598-4357. This number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cafeteria and Starbucks
A cafeteria is located on the fourth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. Grab-and-go items are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Cafeteria hours vary by the day of the week.
Vending machines are located near the cafeteria. And Starbucks is located in the first-floor lobby of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
The Market@HSC, a food court, is located at the WVU Health Sciences Center. It can be accessed by exiting the back doors of J.W. Ruby Memorial, on the fourth floor.
Two ATMs are located next the cafeteria on the fourth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. A third ATM can be found on the fourth floor of the Physician Office Center, near the elevator.
Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Room
The Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Room at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital provides a peaceful and relaxing environment, where visitors can reflect, meditate, or pray. Located on the first floor, between the Friends Gift Shop and elevators, visitors and patients of any or no faith tradition are welcome. The space is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more.
Friends Gift Shop
The Friends Gift Shop, located on the first floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, near Starbucks, offers cards, stamps, flowers, magazines, snacks, personal care products, gift items – and more. Visit the online shop.
E-cards can be sent to family members and friends who are hospitalized at WVU Medicine Children’s. Visit the e-cards website to select a card and make a submission. E-cards are printed and delivered Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. In the event the person you are sending a card to has been discharged or has chosen to be unpublished in our hospital directory, you will be notified by email that we are unable to deliver the card. WVU Medicine Volunteer Services provides this service free of charge.