WVU Medicine Children’s pediatricians and nurses are specially trained to care for children from infancy to young adulthood. We’re here for all the typical problems that accompany a child’s growth and development providing routine care for all common pediatric illnesses.
While our primary emphasis is on preventive care, we are also well-equipped to handle complex pediatric conditions. We collaborate with patients’ primary care providers and multiple specialists from WVU Medicine Children’s to make sure your child receives the best possible care.
Services We Offer
Our pediatric and adolescent services go beyond a list of treatments available for children and adolescents. We build trust, respect, and confidence in their healthcare with our specialized services and general primary care to help our patients grow into healthy, happy adults.
WVU Medicine Children’s Pediatric and Adolescent Care services include:
- Acute illness and injury treatment
- Behavioral health issues, such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD
- Development issues
- Treatment for eating disorders
- Health and nutrition counseling
- Hormonal birth control (for non-contraceptive and contraceptive health benefits)
- Lactation clinic for new mothers
- Physical exams required for sports participation
- Reproductive health (male, female, and non-binary patients)
- School, learning, and attention problems
- Weight management
- Well exams
The General Pediatric and Adolescent Care Clinic offers same-day appointments for sick visits and convenient Saturday and evening hours at the WVU Medicine University Town Centre and the Cheat Lake Clinic. We also see patients at our Waynesburg and Cranberry Square clinics. Prenatal visits are welcome and encouraged.